Face to Face
Please get in touch
Delivered & Awarded by
About this Course
This is a career entry specialist master’s degree for students with no previous qualifications or work experience in marketing or advertising & PR.
This course will equip you with the in-depth knowledge, the specialist skills, the critical understanding and the confidence required for a successful management career in the fast-moving and highly competitive Advertising and Public Relations (PR) professions.
- Marketing Theory and Practice
- Managing Advertising and Communications
- Social Media Strategy
- Marketing Research in Practice
- Brand PR
- Research Methods for Marketers
- Advanced Marketing Analytics
- Consumer Culture and Behaviour
- Creative Brand Strategy
- Direct and Digital Marketing
- Strategic e-marketing
- Dissertation: provides an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on a particular aspect of an international business and entrepreneurship topic of your choice. The topics of the dissertation are chosen in line with your interests and preferences, but mainly look at application of management theory to small firms.
- Business Research Project (BRP): is an individual enterprise consultancy project that serves as a commercially and employability relevant experience. The BRP is a live project where you gain a guaranteed business consultancy experience and are able to use your learned skills to make a genuine impact and benefit for a company.
About De Montfort University
Based in the heart of Leicester, the De Montfort University is a 21st century university that strives to build the type of talented individuals that employers look for: professional and work-ready graduates. DMU offers the best to its students, with UK and overseas placements, targeted training, internships, coaching, research opportunities and lifelong support. DMU was named the fifth best university for overall teaching excellence and the university’s lecturer panel has excelled in the National Teaching Fellow awards.
- Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification.
- No previous experience in advertising, marketing or public relations management is required. Applicants with previous marketing qualifications should consider the Strategic and Digital Marketing MSc, which is designed for those with existing marketing experience.
- Applications from mature students with significant business experience will be considered on an individual basis.English Language requirements
- If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
- English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required.
Let's get started