Face to Face
Please get in touch
Delivered & Awarded by
About this Course
This programme offers computer science graduates and professional programmers the opportunity to further develop their theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the most up-to-date software engineering principles.
You will study in an innovative department with an international reputation for research, training and education in software engineering, with access to facilities and expertise from the Software Technology Research Laboratory (STRL).
Taught by acknowledged experts from the STRL, Software Engineering will equip you with skills you need for industry.
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Practice and Research Methods
- Requirements Analysis and Cloud-based System Design – provides you with a comprehensive understanding and ability to critically evaluate software and systems requirements engineering and architectural approaches
- Internet of Things – provides students with the necessary knowledge and understanding of IoT technologies and their application to the provision of smart services, as well as a wider understanding of how data analytics and visualisation are performed through cloud computing services.
- Software Quality Assurance and Testing – provides students with insight into the effective testing methodologies for quality assurance in software engineering process. It covers basic concepts, sound principles, best practices, and rigorous approaches for testing software and assuring its quality. The emphasis is placed on the skills of problem formulation, modelling and problem solving for building and delivering high quality software
- Modern Programming Techniques – provides you with knowledge of modern programming techniques which blend object and functional designs. You will gain practical skills writing programs that utilise combined object and functional patterns of computation
- High Assurance System Design – these techniques are used in the specification and design of critical systems where failure can cause catastrophic effects such as death, damage to the environment, and loss of money. The aim of this module is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of high assurance system design approaches that are based on automata theory to provide a platform for practical system design and critical evaluation
- Critical Systems – aims to introduce and critically analyse Critical Systems (CSs). Requirements for the engineering of CSs will be introduced and the role of formal approaches in the life cycle of CSs will be explored.
- Advanced Reseach Topics in Cyber Technology – provides an insight into the latest research directions and achievements in the field of software engineering.
Your project will be chosen to explore an issue from a wide range of applications such as:
1. Electronic Purse
2. Electronic Patient Records
3. Personal Insulin Pump Systems
4. London Ambulance System
5. Intelligent Parking Systems
6. E-Voting System
7. Ariane 5 Launcher
8. Flight Control System
About De Montfort University
Based in the heart of Leicester, the De Montfort University is a 21st century university that strives to build the type of talented individuals that employers look for: professional and work-ready graduates. DMU offers the best to its students, with UK and overseas placements, targeted training, internships, coaching, research opportunities and lifelong support. DMU was named the fifth best university for overall teaching excellence and the university’s lecturer panel has excelled in the National Teaching Fellow awards.
- You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
- We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
- If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
- If you have no formal academic qualifications but do have extensive industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis.
Let's get started