Please get in touch
Delivered & Awarded by
About this Course
This level 1 Study Programme provides a key foundation in developing your confidence and study skills. The Study Programme will give a taster of the specialism in the area of IT and will help to inform your progression to a more focussed specialist area at level 2.
Over the academic year you will study a number of specialist core units covering Website software and spreadsheet software which will support you in developing your skills, knowledge and understanding of Excel, PowerPoint, computer hardware and software.
In addition you will study English, Maths and IT subject areas which are vitally important for your progression into employment, apprenticeships, higher education or to progress to the next level course. You will complete 30 hours of work experience.
The course will provide you with the opportunity to develop your:
- Skills and knowledge of Word, spreadsheets, databases, email, basic programming using Scratch, HTML and hardware assembly
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- English and Maths through either a Functional Skills or GCSE retake programme
- English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
- CV and interview practice techniques, ready for progression
- Employability skills. E.g. self-management, organisation, problem-solving, team work, leadership and communication skills
You will develop your personal values and demonstrate adaptability, sensitivity, reliability and be supportive to your peers by working with other level 1 learners on collaborative projects.
About Cambridge Regional College
Cambridge Regional College operates with the vision of being outstanding in enabling students to excel and for serving employers and communities. With over 3,000 full time students, their higher education programmes are rapidly expanding. They also have a successful international centre for overseas students. The courses offered at CRC provide fantastic progression opportunities to students, depending on whether they want to pursue further education or if they would like develop their career.
- You will need 2 GCSEs at grade 2 (E) or above.
- You will need to demonstrate at interview an interest and enthusiasm for IT.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Let's get started