Please get in touch
Delivered & Awarded by
About this Course
This course will give you knowledge and experience of a range of transferable business skills, techniques and attributes so that you can specialise in an area of business that interests you. You will be carrying out a period of work experience which will enable you to put your theory into practice and enhance your CV.
Explore, challenge and develop your:
- understanding of the business world e.g. funding, tax, identifying potential markets, grants, business set up loans, costing, marketing strategies, business planning, pitching, research techniques, enterprise skills and developing innovative ideas
- ability to plan and shape your business ideas e.g. start up, marketing and selling your ideas to potential sponsors and partners
- networks by interacting with existing entrepreneurs and business leaders in our community and learning the secrets of a successful business, pitfalls to avoid and managing ambition with a work life balance
- English and Maths through either a GCSE Pathway or GCSE retake programme
- English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
- employability skills e.g. project management, communication, interpersonal skills, team working, problem solving plus an ability to plan, shape, market and sell your business ideas. You will become a pro-active, self-motivated, autonomous individual with an entrepreneurial attitude
About Cambridge Regional College
Cambridge Regional College operates with the vision of being outstanding in enabling students to excel and for serving employers and communities. With over 3,000 full time students, their higher education programmes are rapidly expanding. They also have a successful international centre for overseas students. The courses offered at CRC provide fantastic progression opportunities to students, depending on whether they want to pursue further education or if they would like develop their career.
You will need one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades 9 – 4 (A* – C), including English or Maths.
- A BTEC Level 2 Certificate/Extended Certificate or First Diploma
- A Level 2 NVQ in a related subject e.g. Administration or customer service
Let's get started