Please get in touch
Delivered & Awarded by
About this Course
No matter what the event – corporate, sporting, entertainment or otherwise – this programme, run wholly online, provides the knowledge and skills to make it a successful one. Underpinned by project management, marketing and public relations principles, the Online Diploma in Event Management & PR takes students through identifying and planning the right event through to delivering it successfully on the day.
Anyone who sets about organising an event faces a myriad of logistical, financial, operational and communications challenges. The programme was developed in response to these challenges, and the aim is to provide a structured approach to planning and managing events that reduces pressure on the event organiser and produces a better quality event.
- Identify and develop an event that can succeed in the prevailing socio-economic conditions
- Develop robust plans for before, during and after the event
- Build an appropriate team, whether paid or unpaid, and budget for their event
- Develop a marketing strategy and plan that will attract both event participants and sponsors
- Communicate successfully with all stakeholders using public relations knowledge and techniques
- Understand the safety, risk and emergency planning requirements for events
- Manage all aspects of an event operation, such as transport, crowd management, logistics or communications.
This subject area introduces the student to event types and their characteristics. The main focus is to use project management principles as the foundation for effective event planning, covering pre-event, during and post-event actions and operations.
This element of the programme begins with an introduction to the marketing concept and key marketing principles, emphasising the importance of targeting the right event at the right audience at the right time. Students are provided with practical PR and presentation skills to ensure they can communicate key messages professionally in both written and verbal format.
Focusing on successful execution of an event plan, this part of the programme will take students through a wide range of functional areas that must be prepared and delivered as part of an event.
About Dublin Business School
Established in 1975, Dublin Business School offers business and law courses including programmes in art, social science, media, humanities and psychology fields. As Ireland’s leading independent college, DBS continues to grow and build its reputation. The courses are offered through innovative teaching and learning methods and are focused and relevant to domestic and international students. With a student population of more than 9000, DBS offers over 100 accredited programmes on full time mode as well as online.
Please get in touch with us
Let's get started