Delivered & Awarded IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
About this Course
Wrexham Glyndŵr University is excited to deliver a range of pre-degree pathway courses for international students. The courses will develop your English language skills and prepare you academically for university-level study.
By taking a pathway course you will be fully enrolled as a Glyndŵr student, giving you the benefit of on-campus accommodation and access to all University facilities and services. After completing the course, you will then be able to progress seamlessly to full degree-level study without having to apply for a new visa.
The International Foundation Year is an intensive pathway programme designed to provide international students with supportive access into undergraduate degree programmes at Wrexham Glyndŵr University. The course, with up to 25 hours guided tuition per week has been designed by qualified and experienced language lecturers in collaboration with the University’s specialist departments offering highly rated programmes with a Silver Award for their teaching. Tuition takes place in modules through seminars, tutorials and lectures – giving students good preparation for their future studies and involving a variety of delivery modes. Language lessons cover a wide variety of language and culture related aspects with an average group size is 10-20 participants, and lessons usually run between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday-Friday.
The pathway programme is offered in four subject areas:
- International Foundation Year (Art & Design)
- International Foundation Year (Business)
- International Foundation Year (Computing)
- International Foundation Year (Engineering)
- International Foundation Year (Media and Creative Technology)
The course has been created for students who have completed a 12-year school system and need to bridge both the required academic entry standards into their undergraduate degree programme and to upgrade and enhance their skills and knowledge of English to satisfy the University’s entry criteria in English.
- £2,000 scholarship per year for the entire study period at undergrad
- Guaranteed university residence accommodation from £4,500 per academic year
- Free airport pick-up
- Improve your English language abilities, useful for everyday life as well as for academic purposes.
- Upgrade your academic skills and knowledge ready to study an undergraduate degree in Art & Design, Business, Computing or Engineering.
- Acquire study skills that can be applied to other areas of your academic career.
- Experience student life before starting your main degree course with us.
- Enjoy the benefits of being a full member of Wrexham Glyndwr University and have access to all of our excellent facilities.
- Be supported closely by culturally aware teaching staff keen to ensure students’ academic progress and personal well-being
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Tourism and Events Management
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Financial Technology Management
- BSc (Hons) Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Computer Game Development
- BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security
- BSc (Hons) Cyber Security
- BSc (Hons) Computer Game Design and Enterprise
- BEng (Hons) Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Renewable and Sustainable Engineering
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) Comics
- BA (Hons) Children’s Publishing
- BA (Hons) Surface Design
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Animation
- BA (Hons) Game Art
- BA (Hons) Applied Art
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Photography and Film
- BA (Hons) Broadcasting, Journalism and Media Communications
- BSc (Hons) Music Technology
- BSc (Hons) Sound Technology
- BSc (Hons) Television Production Technology
- BSc (Hons) Live Sound
- BA (Hons) Sound Design
- BA (Hons) Radio production
- BSc (Hons) Professional Sound and Video
About Wrexham Glyndŵr University
Wrexham Glyndŵr University is a vibrant, friendly and inclusive learning community, focused on inspiring each student and placing them firmly at the heart of everything it does. Its aim is to ensure students leave 'work-ready', whether that's through specialist advice or support, placements and work experience. The university prides itself on providing its students with high levels of satisfaction, support and career opportunities. Wrexham Glyndŵr University was awarded Silver by the Teaching Excellence Framework for its quality of teaching.
- IELTS 4.5 (with no band less than 4)
- 12 years of schooling (GCSE CCCC / 4444)
Let's get started